Sign Up for UBC ALERT
Emergency notifications are also available via text message. To receive emergency text messages on your cell phone, click on the appropriate link below to enter your cell phone number in UBC’s record management system.
Cell phone numbers collected are used solely for emergency purposes and are stored in accordance with University privacy standards. Testing of the UBC ALERT system takes place twice annually, in January and September.
Please note: it takes 24 hours for your information to be integrated into UBC ALERT. You will not receive messages until 24 hours after you sign up for the service.
- Log into the UBC Student Service Centre.
- Add your cell phone number to “Address Update”.
Faculty and Staff
- Login to the Management Systems Portal at www.msp.ubc.ca with your Campus-Wide Log-in ID (CWL).
- If you do not have a CWL, visit https://activate.id.ubc.ca/iamweb/.
- Choose "Faculty and Staff Self-Service” and click “Continue”.
- Update your information.
- To update your cell phone number in order to receive UBC Alert emergency text messages, choose "Phone Numbers" under "Personal Information", and add or update your Cellular Phone Number.
- To update your emergency contact information (contact information for parent, spouse, friend who can be reached in case you are ill or injured on campus), click on “Emergency Contacts”.
- To update your email address, click on “Email Addresses”. Note that you may still have your home email listed here, not your UBC email address.
If you encounter problems updating your contact numbers, please review the self-service guide which contains instructions on how to use the features within the self-service portal, or contact the help desk at email@example.com.
Last reviewed 12/13/2017 9:48:26 AM
|Fire, Ambulance, Police
|Emergency / First Aid / Security||250.807.8111|
|Risk Management Services||250.807.8111|
|Hazardous Materials Response||911|
|Poison Control Centre||1.800.567.8911|
See Phone Numbers for a complete listing.